Educators as agents of change
What have educators been doing in ELT to change people's lives? What is the impact of these projects and actions in these learners and their community?
BRAZ-TESOL Voices SIG is promoting a day for sharing initiatives, practices and ideas that go beyond classroom walls.
Schedule for the event
Venue: CNA Adm Nacional - Rua Coronel Oscar Porto, 800 - Paraíso, São Paulo - SP, 04003-000
8:00 - 9:00: registration
9:00 - 9:15: opening
9:15 - 9:55: plenary - Cintia Rodrigues - What?s your story? ? how differences and individualities enrich our schools
10:15 - 11:15: Concurrent sessions:
- Isabelita Peixoto: ?Visual Literacy in ELT: Conveying messages critically?
- AJ Dalmaso e Leticia Sales: ?Gender, Sexuality, and Young Learners
- Thomas Hackmann Pereira: "TRANS: why and how to be inclusive in ELT?
- Durval Arantes: "The challenges of a black teacher in teaching white upper class students"
11:15- 11:30: Break
11:30-12:00: Share your story: educators sharing their projects and the impacts in their communities
12:00-13:30 - Lunch
13:30 - 14:10: plenary - Nina Lobak - Identifying and reacting to gender bias
14:30 - 15:30: Concurrent sessions:
- Patricia Mckay : Language Teachers as Educators ? from teaching English to educating through English
- Gisele Cruz: ?Check the color first?
- Heloísa Duarte: Mommy, there is a prejudice under my bed! - Are ageist stereotypes perpetuated in the classroom?
- Cecília Eugênio: ?Black Representativeness in the Brazilian ELT?
15:30 - 15:50: break
15:50 - 16:30 Plenary - Janaína Cardoso: Equity, Resistance and Collaboration in Teacher Education: Participatory Action Research for Social Transformation
16:30 - 16:45: closing
CNA Administração Nacional - Rua Coronel Oscar Porto, 800 - Paraíso, São Paulo - SP, 04003-004 - Telefone: 4003-3599
Plenary speakers: Cintia Rodrigues, Nina Loback and Janaína Cardoso
- Friday,November 9,2018 - 8am - 4pm
Deadline for registration is closed
Fill out the form to register for the event